What is CFO?
A spiritual retreat under the leadership of Jesus Christ as Lord, Master, and Savior. It is non-denominational, with campers and leaders from many varied churches and traditions. The clergy of all churches are welcome; however CFO is lay oriented. The emphasis is not on dogma or doctrine, but on a vital experience with God through Jesus Christ. We stress the power and reality of prayer, as a means toward achieving this experience and the wholeness that it brings.
CFO is for all who are hungering and thirsting for a deeper union with Jesus. By yielding to the Holy Spirit, we seek to produce His fruits: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. With these fruits in our lives, we find our fellowship with one another deepened and enriched with Jesus' love. After a week of renewal, we are able to return to the everyday world and witness to the reality of Jesus' forgiving love and saving grace for all.
CFO is an opportunity...
- To come into balance spiritually, mentally, and physically
- To train to be an "Athlete of the Spirit"
- To have fellowship with others who are seeking and finding God
- To discover one's true self through a centering in Jesus Christ
- To learn to pray and discover the power of prayer
- To live in the kingdom of Heaven, here and now
- To find inner peace
CFO is not...
- A church. All campers are urged to faithfulness in the church of their choice. Indeed, the CFO experience expands and intensifies the effectiveness of one's own church activity.
- A membership organization. There is nothing to join. We are simply an example of the Body of Christ, many believers from many different places with the same goal of growing stronger in the thing that matters -- our personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Camps Farthest Out are Christian gatherings in various locations in the United States, Canada and through CFO International, in other countries throughout the world. But more essential than that, CFO can best be characterized as a spiritual training ground, a time apart from the turmoil of everyday life to practice while experiencing the warm presence of Jesus, the love of the Father, and guidance of the Holy Spirit. For more information visit the Camps Farthest Out web site.